Hot Topics - Keeping You Informed
Small-Scale Production of Acidified Canned Foods
Information is available to help small businesses who process salsa, pickles and other acidified foods for sale.
Eggs-tra Care for Spring Celebrations
It's spring, and time to celebrate special occasions, like Easter and Passover! Eggs are important for many spring activities, so take eggs-tra care with food safety.
Selecting and Serving Safe Fresh Produce
Recent data suggest that increasingly fresh produce is linked to foodborne illnesses. The FDA offers information on selecting and serving safe produce for your family.
Safe Home Food Preservation
Nothing is more rewarding than transforming the bounty of your garden to delicious home-preserved food. Be sure to follow safe, tested recipes for maximum enjoyment.
Ask Karen is the new food safety information service available from the United States Department of Agriculture.
Now, automated food safety information is available 24/7 on the prevention of foodborne illness, as well as the safe handling, preparation and storage of meat, poultry and egg products.
ChooseMyPlate.gov helps you focus on key behaviors:
- Enjoy food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
- Make half your plate fruits & veggies.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Compare sodium in foods.
- Make half your grains whole.
Wisconsin Acidified Canned Foods
Registration for Acidified Foods is now OPEN !
March 21, 2013 - Madison (FULL)
April 30, 2013 - Wausau (Register)
May 16, 2013 - Green Bay (Register)
October 17, 2013 - Green Bay (Register)
Nov 14, 2013 - Madison (Register)
Brochure and registration information can be found here.
Training for the Dairy Industry
Click HERE for more information.
- Fight BAC: Chill Food Quickly (Oct 20, 2012)
- Cooking a Frozen Turkey (Oct 20, 2012)
- Countdown to the Thanksgiving Holiday (Oct 20, 2012)
- Food Safety for those Holiday Goodies (Oct 20, 2012)
- Holiday Food Safety Tips (Oct 20, 2012)
- Mail Order Food Safety (Oct 20, 2012)
- Home Canned Sweet Spreads with Green Chilies (Oct. 1, 2012)
- Myth or Fact? (Oct. 1, 2012)
- Safety of Cantaloupe (Aug. 20, 2012)
- Back-to-School Food Safety Reminders (Aug. 15, 2012)
- Wisconsin's Pickle Bill (Aug. 15, 2012)
- Using Clear-Jel for Low-Sugar Jam (Oct. 20, 2011)
In the News
Ask a Question
RecipeSource is your source for recipes on the Internet. With over 70,000 recipes, you are sure to find something of interest.
Objective. Research-based. Credible. Information and tools you can use every day to improve your life.
Visit: eXtension.org for more information.